PATCH: BR 60030: "Clear Location Bar" button stops download

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 01:12:19 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 05:55, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 03:21, Dawit A. wrote:
> > It is not going to be because there is a disagreement. The current
> > behavior is completely broken since I could just as easily clear the url
> > manually or select "Clear" from the RMB. Either both those scenarios have
> > to be addressed or the current behavior has to be changed to match
> > them...
>
> eh, why exactly? Why do all those ways have to behave the same?

Because they do the same exact thing ? Whether it is the button the context
menu option or the user manually deleting the combobox text the expected
result is the same, the clearing of the location bar content. Currently that
is not true if you press the convenient "clear" button. I see no reason why
the user should expect the clear button to behave any differently! Do you ?

> (not saying that I wouldn't object to the lineedit not being modified by
> redirects while I type in a new url)

I personally do not care which behavior is selected. I just want all of them
to be consistent. It is little nagging things like this that get on my
nerves....

--
Regards,
Dawit A.