KDE 3.2 without Xinerama support

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 18:59:58 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 13:52, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On January 07, 2004 10:56, George Staikos wrote:
> >    As of today it has been declared that KDE 3.2 will ship without
> > Xinerama support unless someone fixes it ASAP.
>
> as someone who runs KDE 3.2 (CVS) on a 2-monitor Xinerama system every day,
> this concerns me greatly. what exactly is meant by "ship without Xinerama
> support"? what features / apps / components would be removed / disabled?

  No features will be removed, but Xinerama just doesn't work right.  I could
list forever all the things that were broken, but a good start is: Alt+F2.
Look where the dialog appears.  There are dozens of bugs like this that have
been introduced in 3.2.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/