KDE 3.2 without Xinerama support

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 17:56:14 GMT 2004

   As of today it has been declared that KDE 3.2 will ship without Xinerama
support unless someone fixes it ASAP.  Right now KDE running on Xinerama is
completely broken with windows showing up in all the wrong places with the
wrong sizes.  I spent quite a bit of my time working on Xinerama support in
KDE, including several new features in 3.2.  Meanwhile the basics were
completely broken, I believe when kwin_iii was merged in.  I don't have time
to fix it before 3.2 comes out, and probably not even soon after.  If anyone
understands kwin_iii, it would really be nice if you could have a look and
try to fix placement according to all the configuration options we have.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/