More KDE-Edu icons needed

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Jan 7 15:10:36 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 12:37, rwlbuis at xs4all.nl wrote:
> >> If there are SVGs the rendering should be possible automatically, not?
> >
> > I've also been interested in this. Nevertheless it is a /highly/ wanted
> > feature. It would reduce *a lot* of work, close about 30(?) bug reports
> > and
> > all the latent ones, open up graphic development, save disc space as well
> > as
> > a more functionality for the user.
>
> Are you sure it will close that many bug reports, all unique bugs? And
> what are they like?

They are like "icon X looks ugly" where the reason is a certain size is
missing(which the icon engine have scaled to and hence it looks ugly).
I don't know the exact count, but check it out(and don't miss those bugs
containing lists of "buggy" icons):
http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=artwork&component=general&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

> > Perhaps the ksvg-team can give an update on the issue(CC'ing around).
>
> Well IMHO the svg icon engine should be rewritten, and I already did some
> experimental code for that. That code was tested standalone though, I
> havent tried to make kiconloader use it. We'll probably continue
> experimenting, seeing whether the engine can be efficient enough, but this
> wont be ready for 3.2, so probably 3.3...

Nothing for 3.2 of course but if it at all happens I am happy :) I didn't even
know any code existed.

Cheers,

			Frans