[patch] fix deprecated init() usage in kdelibs/kioslave/http/kcookiejar/main.cpp

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 15:04:58 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:49:02PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 12:36, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > - how much does it "hurt" the translators actually? i mean, if it means
> >   more than starting "the universal kde translation app", seeing some
> >   untranslated messages at the top, doing the modifications and pressing
> >   the "commit modified files" button
>
> Of course this is what it means,

good. :-)

> but do you know what a "moving target" is, and how frustrating it is
> to be working with one?

sure, but i don't buy this as an argument:
- wasted work (= changed strings) sucks, but i value code/english
  message quality higher than traslators' mental health. same goes for
  serious bugs vs. "regular" developers, btw. :-P
  if you can't stand seeing some of your work wasted, you're wrong at
  open-source anyway.
- new strings are no argument considering the first paragraph; it's just
  a matter of starting this wonderful program three days before release
  and spending at most 10 minutes at translating a doozen new/changed
  strings resulting from bug fixes.

lukas' argument (last-minute availability of translators) is a more
serious concern ...

not that i18n would matter in this case at all, given ade's remark ...

greetings