[patch] fix deprecated init() usage in kdelibs/kioslave/http/kcookiejar/main.cpp

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 11:36:16 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:21:27PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 12:10, Brad Hards wrote:
> > OK to apply?
> > -   KCmdLineArgs::init(argc, argv, "kcookiejar", description, version);
> > +   KCmdLineArgs::init(argc, argv, "kcookiejar", I18N_NOOP("HTTP Cookie Daemon"),
>
> It introduces an new string to translate, so this is a bad timing for applying
> such fixes. Better wait until after 3.2.

standard reply. :)
two things come to my mind:
- having deprecation warnings in our own code looks unprofessional. well,
  any warnings do, but this case is extreme, as it is self-imposed, so
  to say.
- how much does it "hurt" the translators actually? i mean, if it means
  more than starting "the universal kde translation app", seeing some
  untranslated messages at the top, doing the modifications and pressing
  the "commit modified files" button, then something is wrong.
  fwiw, i could not care less for _these_ new strings not being
  translated in time ...

greetings