RFC - Detecting broken KDE libs

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 13:35:16 GMT 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 04:28, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2004 01:09, Dawit A. wrote:

> > > What do you call "prompted" here?
> > > "Save or Open" dialog? KOpenWith? "There was an error loading the
> > > module"?
> >
> > "Save or Open"...
>
> This must be from KHTMLRun then (?).
> But inline images shouldn't even go to processObjectRequest, so I'm quite
> confused. Can it be that the (new) KImageIO::typeForMime check in
> ./html/html_objectimpl.cpp fails for you?

Nope. The mime-type is correctly identified as GIF. Maybe I am confusing the
two dialogs. Hmm... no I am not. I get a dialog similar to this one:
http://members.cox.net/kdelists/screenshots/proxy-whatis-2.png.

> > > It does that already, see konq_factory.cc:141
> >
> > Sorry, I did not even bother to check that :(
>
> But now I see the problem is in KHTML.
> KHTMLPart::createPart doesn't have the same kind of loop around the trader
> results, you are correct. Can you test the attached patch? I hope you still
> have your broken part around :-)

Unfortunately I had already gotten rid of it :( It was not allowing me to
troubleshoot a bug I was actually working. Regardless, your patch looks good
to me...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.