QMovie leaking lots of pixmap resources

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 1 20:17:19 GMT 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 21:05, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> The forumula width*height*depth/8 bytes (also used in the code) is not
> accurate, it ignores e.g. any mask or the alpha channel.

Ah, that explains the difference :)

I just committed as a workaround the pause()/unpause() that Waldo mentioned.
That should be enough for now.

A 'real' fix would be to detect the number of frames properly and don't cache
the same frames infinitely, like Waldo and Dirk both mentioned, but that's a
Qt commit and not Kopete. Should I mail qt-bugs or is you responding here
enough notification? :)

--
Martijn