new kicker menu extension: konqy profile selection

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 29 19:25:18 GMT 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 17:32, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 29 February 2004 16:45, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 February 2004 09:41 am, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I wrote a small kicker menu extension, itt adds a kicker menu
> > > where you can choose among the available konqy profiles.
> > > Any objections against adding it to kdebase ?
> > >
> > > Tiny screenshot attached.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > > Alex
> >
> > kdeaddons might be a better place for it? I don't see many people
> > using this very often

I definitely would. Very often I open a new Konqueror window (with the
default webbrowsing profile) and the first thing I do is Settings->Load
menu because there's currently no way to open Konqueror with a different
profile. (Don't even think about suggesting to add a few "kfmclient
openProfile *" buttons. I don't want to clutter my kicker with loads of
Konqueror buttons.)

Suggestion: Add a "Start with profile:" header to the menu.

Regards,
Ingo