KDE 3.3 release

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Sat Feb 28 13:15:12 GMT 2004

On Saturday 28 February 2004 07:25, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was iterating over dates would like to hear some feedback against
> 3.3.
>
> The dates I target with KDE 3.2 maintenance releases are:
> April 3rd, 2004: Preparing KDE 3.2.2
> Mai 15th, 2004: Preparing KDE 3.2.3
> July 3rd, 2004: Preparing KDE 3.2.4
>
> What do you think about June 2004 KDE 3.3 beta and through July
> release candidates and beginning of August 3.3 [1]?

Coolo, next conference is scheduled to August 21, so maybe is good we have a
RC or even a beta during the conference, so people will discuss problems and
solve it there, and make everyone else from outside pay attention on the
conference to see what 3.3 will bring..
<evil> And we know next release will delay around 61 days :-) </evil>

> Of course kdepim would need to find a solution with either their
> version name or their release date :)

Suggestion, pick the current release on the launch day ( suppose 3.2.2 or
3.2.3 ), and add a subminor subrelease, like 3.2.3.1. Quite simple, but is a
higher release, and packagers will thanks a lot, and in the next one release
back to normal, so is a minor damage situation ( or no damage situation at
all )

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer