: KVocTrain

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 15:40:41 GMT 2004

Em Ter 24 Fev 2004 13:49, Cornelius Schumacher escreveu:
> You can't move knewstuff from kdepim to kdelibs right now, because kdepim
> HEAD has to compile with kdelibs 3.2.

I see. And kdepim-3.3 is scheduled for when exactly? As a math guy, I like the
x + 13 notation, however I don't have enough insight into pim development to
know x :-)

> Is it a problem to temporarily have the dependency of kdeedu on kdepim?
> Before the next kdeedu release we can see how to solve the problem.

My suggestion is to compile the knewstuff in kdepim only if not found in
kdelibs (i.e. if kdelibs <= 3.2). This way, the workaround only has to be
done once. This will require knewstuff API compatibility until kdepim-3.3 but
ensuring this is a small issue.

The problem I see is that if apps not in kdeedu start using knewstuff, each
will have to declare a dependency on kdepim, or have their own version of it.
Both scenarios will lead into a mess.

Josef