Plastik in kpersonalizer?

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 15:39:11 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 15.04, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Rob Kaper wrote:

> > Alternatives are available, putting them in KPersonalizer is reasonable,
> > but changing the defaults every single time is just not even worth
> > discussing unless every person advocating for such changes personally
> > vouches to handle the documentation screenshot changes required as well
> > as the countless usability reports that *will* show up.
>
> I'm not so sure this will be such a big deal.

There are a 1641 screenshots, that all need setting up to match the text
description, and retaking.   It takes many, many hours - I know this, because
I've had to do it several times over.   Multiply this by all languages with
translations available.  That could be as many as 62 for some of them.

Note that many of the screenshots require creating specific documents,
arranging windows, and/or post-editing for callouts, drawing arrows on them,
and other goodies.

Talk to me again when you've retaken them all (according to the guidelines on
http://i18n.kde.org/docs/ )

Everyone doesn't even like Plastik.  Put it in KPersonalizer if you must, for
those who do, and let everyone on get on with useful work.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/