Plastik in kpersonalizer?

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Tue Feb 24 14:04:15 GMT 2004

Rob Kaper wrote:
> Try again for 4.0, or even better, don't. I am (and hopefully kde-core-devel
> with me) quite sick of changing KDE defaults every time someone changes a
> pixel or two in an icon set or widget style.

I think this is good for promotion. Ever wonder why Microsoft changes
widget style in every Office incarnation? They again did it with Office
2003. Changing style once in a while gives reviewers and users something
to go "oooooooooh! aaaaaaaaah"

We're only talking defaults here.

> Alternatives are available, putting them in KPersonalizer is reasonable, but
> changing the defaults every single time is just not even worth discussing
> unless every person advocating for such changes personally vouches to handle
> the documentation screenshot changes required as well as the countless
> usability reports that *will* show up.

I'm not so sure this will be such a big deal.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org