PATCH: kde-common/admin/detect-autoconf.sh

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 20:42:44 GMT 2004

On Saturday 21 February 2004 14:22, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Samstag 21 Februar 2004 20:15 schrieb Dawit A.:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The attached patch cleans up the current mess in detect-autoconf.sh. Can
> > someone with enough karma please commit it ?
>
> The patch majorly breaks things. You removed quite some checks including
> those for autoconf257

I simply did not notice the 257. I removed the 2.5x because it was something I
added a long time back for supporting some version of Mandrake I used to run.
It should now be deprecated since the minimum required to configure KDE is
2.52. 2.5x was what Mandrake used to use to distinguish the 2.x series of
autoconf from the 2.13 version. I do not think that applies any more. Even if
it does, it is rather very simple to add it back. Don't you think ?

> and for autom4te

No I did not. I simply rolled it into the autoconf check. I do not see the
need for it to be separate since it comes as part of autoconf just like
aclocal is part of automake...

   AUTOCONF="`$WHICH $AUTOCONF$version`"
   AUTOHEADER="`$WHICH $AUTOHEADER$version`"
   AUTOM4TE="`$WHICH $AUTOM4TE$version`"

--
Regards,
Dawit A.