Does KMimeMagic really work with config/magic/*.magic files ?

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Fri Feb 20 22:34:58 GMT 2004

I'm trying to add a "magic mimetype" for rosegarden files. It's copied from
KOffice's old type. If I add the line

>10	string		audio/x-rosegarden\000      audio/x-rosegarden

to $KDE/share/mimelnk/magic, it works and the files are properly recognized.

However, what I would like is to have it in a seperate file which can be
installed. Looking at KMimeMagic's ctor, I should be able to put that in a
file in $KDE/share/config/magic/rosegarden.magic. If I do, that file is read
and parsed, but rg files aren't recognized (it's as if the file wasn't there
at all, yet I know it's parsed).

Any clues anyone ?

--
						Guillaume.