New icon guide

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Feb 20 11:19:10 GMT 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 12:05, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2004 12:16, Ante Wessels wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, the Crystal icons are not really open source. Everaldo
> > never releases sources...

kdelibs/pics>find | grep svgz$ | wc -l
    244

> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=8341 doesn't give
> licence information, nor does www.everaldo.com, nor the downloadable
> tarball.
>
> Can we have clarification about the licence under which the Crystal
> icons are included in KDE? This _could_ cause packaging problems if
> they are not truly Open Source.

There has already been a long thread about this, please read the archives.
Everything KDE ships, PNGs and SVGs, are truly opensource, no packaging problems.

The artists request the SVG version of the icons - some of which were committed
to CVS already.... if some more are missing, this is a discussion for kde-artists.