Konqueror specific modules in KControl

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 16:48:53 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 17:06, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:12:50AM -0500, George Staikos wrote:
> >   Not only that, but can we please stop moving things in KControl?
> > I can never find anything anymore!  KDE4 is the time to redo it,
> > not every KDE up to and including KDE4.
>
> Same here. After KDE 3.0 or so, I totally lost track of which module
> is where. Nowadays I (have to) use the search facility exclusively.
> :-(

I would have to agree here. On IRC, I've seen "where is the xxx setting
in the Control Panel now?" asked too often.

For me, changes should obey POLA, which for those of you that aren't
familiar with the FreeBSD term is "Principle of Least Astonishment". In
other words, don't confuse the users by changing things significantly
from what they are used to.

4.0 is early enough for these changes. I might be wrong, but I do seem
to recall that after the last reorganisation in there, people said "no
more before 4.0". I can't find the reference now though :(

A.

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org
  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."  -- anon  | tap at fruitsalad.org