Disabling aRts in knotify

Gioele Barabucci ml at gioelebarabucci.com
Tue Feb 17 23:54:47 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 20:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I think there was something like an conclusion that at the latest for kde 4
> kde will be independent of arts again and that it should be possible to
> support different sound backends. I for one would be more than satisfied
> with plain /dev/dsp support, since my soundcard features two channels. One
> for xmms, the other one for all other sounds :-)
Is not aRts the way KDE supports different sound backends?

IMO, what we really need is a new frontend for soundcards. Someone
talked of gstreamer. Has it been finally selected as KDE4 sound system?
Future GNOME releases will be based on it, so (if kdemultimedia experts feels
is a good product) supporting it would be a big step towards desktop
integration.

--
Gioele