System Bell - what a smell, so what the hell?

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at fugro-jason.com
Mon Feb 16 14:25:22 GMT 2004

* Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at kdemail.net> (Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:28:55AM -0300)
> Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> >xmms no longer plays nice with arts, so if I wanna listen to music, I
> > have xmms hogging the soundcard, and then the notificatiosn go
> > through the system bell.
>
> If I understand that correctly, that's because XMMS is a glib1
> application whereas the aRts plugin is glib2. You can't have both in
> one same application.

Which is all nice and cosy, but still means I need to run xmms without
arts, and that measn my systembell has to be a PC-beep.

And that (the latter) was exactly the point.

Currently listening to: the radio

	Gerhard,  <faliquid at xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Oh, I get it ... PG means the hero gets the girl
 =`\<,	(15) means the bad guy gets the girl