kicker clock

Gioele Barabucci ml at gioelebarabucci.com
Mon Feb 16 12:06:05 GMT 2004

On Saturday 14 February 2004 05:51, John Firebaugh wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2004, at 4:14 PM, George Staikos wrote:
> >> Whenever you add a new widget to kicker it always goes to the default.
>
> This is a side-effect of the way multiple instances of the same applet
> are implemented -- when you add an applet, it's given a unique, random
> config file name.
Maybe "orphaned" configs should be used by new applets.

Let me explain:
I have no clock, so I add one and configure it.
Now I want a clock with a different timezone, so I add another.
After some time I add a childpanel and I want to move the "shifted" clock to
it, so I remove it from kicker and add a clock to childpanel.
What I get? A brand new clock... What should I get? the last clock I removed.

What do you think? I don't think this is difficult to implement, but somehow
you lose the ability to "reset" applets by adding/removing them.
But is this the correct way to reset to default settings? I think no, the
<Default> button should be used instead...

--
Gioele