Static functions

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Mon Feb 16 15:08:00 GMT 2004

Dirk Mueller wrote:
>On Monday 16 February 2004 15:55, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> >so your compiler can compile this?
>>
>> Sure:
>
>Please compile my example not yours which is "fixed".

Oh, that won't work because static functions have to be defined in the
same file. You know that as well as I do and this wasn't the original
discussion.

Maybe we got lost somewhere along the line 4 or 5 messages ago:

On Monday 16 February 2004 14:21, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> However, if you add  "static" to the namespace above, the symbol won't
> be exported, which is impossible with a class.

I was assuming that if anyone wanted to not to export a symbol, that
he'd also know that the symbol has to be defined in the same file.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info