System Bell - what a smell, so what the hell?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Mon Feb 16 13:28:55 GMT 2004

Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
>xmms no longer plays nice with arts, so if I wanna listen to music, I
> have xmms hogging the soundcard, and then the notificatiosn go
> through the system bell.

If I understand that correctly, that's because XMMS is a glib1
application whereas the aRts plugin is glib2. You can't have both in
one same application.

It's like trying to load libkdecore.so.3 and .4 at the same time.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info