KListViewSearchLine

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Mon Feb 16 11:25:59 GMT 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 02:51:47AM +0100, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> I presume there's some interest in this, but I thought before going to far on
> it I'd just put it out there and let people comment on it.  If there's
> interest in this being moved into kdelibs and worked on there I can do so...

I think the idea is interesting but from looking at it, it seems like the
brute force approach. How about an incremental counterpart to
to KListViewSearchLine::updateSearch, which only searches among the currently
visible items instead of all of them? Wouldn't using something like a hash
in KListViewSearchLine::itemMatches help things a lot (right now it uses
a brute force approach as well)?

- Frerich

--
if new true friend not protected for explicit private union, break
case and try using this.