kdemultimedia/kioslave/audiocd [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Feb 15 23:50:34 GMT 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 16:48, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> k3b already has an encoder plugin system with encoding plugins for
> ogg-vorbis, wave, monkey-audio, and one that uses external tools. Maybe
> it's possible to prevent code duplication?

(crossposting to move the discussion to kde-multimedia)

I am working on a different plugin system, slightly more featurefull (in
design) than the one k3b, to be used for both decoding for arts and for
crossencoding via a kservice (right-click wav-file or cd-track and choose
encode to/save as ogg). It was the original idea also to integrate it with
audiocd and kaudiocreator. I'm also planing to make the service available as
a move option, so you could move a file from a CD to your disk, and then be
prompted for which format you would like to save in, though I havent started
work on the this part yet (might require a small extension of kio),

Maybe we should make a task-force and integrate these systems for kde3.3?

Btw. I dont think you mean monkey-audio but FLAC, they are two different
formats. And I havent seen any code for monkey-audio on linux yet.

`Allan