kicker clock

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Feb 14 00:14:11 GMT 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 19:03, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 13 February 2004 6:44 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> > 3) Removing the clock applet and re-adding it throws away all my
> > settings. Not nice...  I haven't had time to fix this one, but it's
> > really irritating and I would appreciate if the maintainer could have a
> > look.  This wasn't a problem before all the changes in 3.2 IIRC.
>
> Whenever you add a new widget to kicker it always goes to the default.
> Worked the same way in 3.1.  So removing a widget and then adding it again
> will "revert it (i.e. really it doesn't have any settings)" to the default.

  Then how do you explain knewsticker and kweather?  If they can store their
settings, surely the clock can.  I guess it's just that the clock used to
have defaults that corresponded to my personal preferences, but since then
they've all been changed.  Anyhow, there is no reason for the clock to throw
away the user's settings.  It's very inconsistent to do so.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/