KDirWatch problem/bug

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Fri Feb 13 21:37:15 GMT 2004

Am Friday 13 February 2004 17:23 schrieb Jeroen Wijnhout:
> e->m_clients.count() == 1, e->m_entries.count() == 0
> and the function returns, while that shouldn't happen (I've checked that

Hmm...
If e->m_clients.count() == 1 in that line, the file was watched twice before,
or the wrong KDirWatch object has requested file removal, i.e. not the one
which added it for watching.
So the code at this point seems to be correct (Note that m_entries is always
empty for files; for directories, it contains entries of files/dirs being
watched in this directory).

The question is, why it is being watched twice.
It would be interesting to see which client is still watching the file by
calling KDirWatch::statistics(). Can you try to reproduce the bug and give the
output of statistics() ?

> I can reproduce this behaviour, but I haven't figured out what triggers it.
Very good (the reproducability). I tried but wasn't able to trigger this.

Josef