Apollon soon in kde-extragear

Petter E. Stokke gibreel at project23.no
Thu Feb 12 21:25:48 GMT 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 21:17, Andreas Pour wrote:
> But again, I ask, where do we draw the line?  Did KDE stop distributing
> Konqueror and KHTML when Eolas was pursuing its patent lawsuit a/g MS?
> Can anybody stop KDE from shipping any software or technology by
> threatening a frivolous lawsuit?

This is a crucial point. I do wish the KDE project as a whole would
establish a policy on this issue, because one can be sued over very nearly
everything, and trying to second-guess the patent enforcers/music
industry/crazy people from Utah like we've been doing throughout this
discussion isn't going to do us much good in the long run - considerably
more harm than good, in fact, I should imagine.

But that's a discussion more appropriate to kde-policies than core-devel,
which really has better things to talk about, so I'll take the liberty of
cc'ing over there, and see if the issue is interesting enough to spark a
debate there.

--
Petter E. Stokke <gibreel at project23.no> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc