Why modules? (was: Re: A humble packager's request: Retire kdeaddons.)

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Thu Feb 12 11:31:49 GMT 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:05 pm, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:19:57AM -0600, Russell Miller wrote:
> > Why do we have modules at all?
>
> So that developers and early adopters won't have to check out several
> gigabytes of kdepim+kdenetwork+kdegraphics when they just want
> libs+base+games+multimedia.
But it's possible even with one big module (not that I'm saying that it's a
good idea):

cvs co -l the_one_big_module
cvs co the_one_big_module/app1
cvs co the_one_big_module/app2

I assume this is also how most people work with kdenonbeta since they're
unlikely to be interested in all the apps.

Cheers,
Clarence