[patch] kioslave performance issues, dramatic improvement for ftp

Dr. Juergen Pfennig info at j-pfennig.de
Wed Feb 11 19:03:01 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 15:18, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Copying from ftp to ftp on the same server is so seldom that implementing
> isn't worth it. If you error(ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED), then libkio will use get
> and put between two slaves.

OK, I forgot that even the original design did not allow copies between two
ftp urls. So an "error(ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED)" is all I need to add.

Basically there seem to be no objections, so I will add support for faster
uploads to the ftp slave. After that I will send the patch to Stephan by
private mail.

Yours
Jürgen

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
P.S. in 2001 I started to use KDE frequently for Internet downloads. Although
I am a quite experienced Windows programmer, I got completely afraid about
IE's attitude to make the whole (Win2000) System freeze without offering any
"resume" feature. Today I am amused by the fact that KDE is becoming better
and better while the Windows desktop makes very little progress. Maybe
starting from the year 2006 Windows users will enjoy replacing the
traditional Windows shell (called Explorer, e.g. the "Start" - button plus
libraries) with KDE 4 (theoretically the Windows shell can be replaced, but
this is not well documented). JPF.