A humble packager's request: Retire kdeaddons.

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 14:25:39 GMT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2004 14:17 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 11:03, David Faure wrote:
> > If we allow inter-main-modules dependencies, it's going to be hell to
> > build things.
>
> Did you try a clean build lately?
>
> kdemultimedia requires kdeextragear-2 (the taglib stuff)
> kdeextragear-1 requires kdemultimedia and kdeextragear-2 (amarok)
>
> we have more of such obfuscations, and in this concrete case I think it was
> entirely wrong to start with (taglib in keg), but nobody was listening..

taglib was imported silently into the KEG without any discussion or
notification of the Extra Gear list. If it was discussed somewhere else
people involved with the Extra Gear missed it.

Anyways, taglib does not fullfill the requirements for the Extra Gear, since
it is not a KDE application and not even a KPart. I suggest to move it to
kdemultimedia.

Regards,
  Klas