KURLRequester Problem

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Feb 9 07:35:42 GMT 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 20:02, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> Moin,
>
> while tackling bug 74485 I came up with the attached patch, but before I
> commit I'd some reviewal before I commit it since I'm not sure it is a
> proper fix.
It looks a bit weird indeed - but that's because setURL takes a string (instead of
a KURL), and I suppose uses fromPathOrURL on it? This makes the semantics
a bit fuzzy imho, but that's not your fault :)

> In particular, I'm not sure whether there are any other
> protocols (other than file:) in which characters with a special
> meaning in URLs (such as '?', as mentioned in the bug report) should
> be preserved.

Might need a && !u.hasRef()   - try a file with a # in it.

Oh, and prettyURL takes arguments like StripFileProtocol to do what this patch
does, in one line. I'm not sure how it handles refs though.