KDE 3.2's KProcess broke k3b?

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 6 20:51:30 GMT 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 21:31, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2004 21:21, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Already reported and the conclusion was that K3B is declared broken.
> > Update K3b and it will work (although I have problems with data cd copy
> > in the newest version). Alternatively search the archive to find the
> > patch needed for K3b.
>
> I'm not sure that K3B is to blame for this. I think that stuff like this is
> covered by "binary compatibility": Existing application binaries should
> keep working. Anyway, I'm partially responsible, too, because I reviewed
> the patch to KProcess and did not really notice what was going on.
>
> If K3B is broken, then what about those dozens or so applications that use
> KProcess to communicate with an external program like mkisofs? Going to fix
> them all?

Ok, at least it seems that everyone using KProcess the "usual" way to
communicate with an external data source is not affected. So it's probably
not a problem that big. Still, I've got a sick feeling....

regards,
	matthias

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"