KDE 3.2's KProcess broke k3b?

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 6 19:40:31 GMT 2004

Hi,

Don't nail me for this, but I think k3b broke due to the latest KProcess
changes. Since I updated to KDE3.2 (SuSE RPMs, so it may be a packaging
problem), K3B fails (at least when burning on-the-fly) because mkisofs fails
while writing the iso image to stdout:

/usr/bin/mkisofs: Resource temporarily unavailable. cannot fwrite 2048*1

It looks like mkisofs get's a -EAGAIN while writing to stdout. Common
situation when writing into a nonblocking socket or pipe, but mkisofs does
not get along with it, because it assumes blocking behaviour (which is
totally OK because stdout normally is blocking).

Ossi? Want to look into this?

regards,
	matthias

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"