API problems (Was: future versions)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 16:01:52 GMT 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 16:22, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> So then the question becomes which API parts are so bad that they cause
> real hurt?

And yet another one: we should seriously consider to make (parts of) the API
threaded, thread-safe, or at least prepare them for that so it can be done
later.

Both Konqueror and KMail occasionally stall the event loop for a noticeable
time on my Celeron 450; also the use of KLibLoader and KRun causes a
noticeable delay.

I think Ossi is right in that we need a document somewhere to collect all
these issues.

--
Martijn