Detecting a keypress during some heavy operation

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Fri Feb 6 14:28:36 GMT 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 14:41, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I would like to detect if the user pressed the key while the app is doing
> some heavy operation, so it will be possible to suspend/stop that operation
> and make the user interface more responsive. Is it possible to do without
> threads (I'd like to avoid them as they may introduce new problems)? I've
> tried reimplementing the keyPressEvent in the widget which has
> the focus (the editor widget), but it seems that it is never called.

It is a long shot, but maybe it is of help to you. When I was trying to catch
KeyEvents from a KPart (KatePart actually), I discovered that installing an
eventFilter on this part does not catch the KeyEvents. Instead you have to
detect the QEvent::AccelOverride events.

hth,
Jeroen

NOTE to list ADMIN:I'm on the list, but not allowed to post, please, pretty
please?

--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net