[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 01:34:36 GMT 2004

Hi Adriaan,

On Friday 06 February 2004 06:08, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 12:53, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > >
> > > But please don't click the chart link, it's not very
> > > encouraging. ;-)
> >
> > Something needs to be done on our wishlist entries. I will start
> > a project to expire wishes that got not enough votes in enough
> > time. But for that the load needs to decrease a bit on our
> > servers as I hope bugzilla gets some hits when I announce that ;)
>
> Again, this is something that fits nicely into the Quality Team
> framework. Let the people who are Quality Managers for whatever
> area handle bug triage and prioritization of wishes.

As a contributor I highly value the freedom to decide what I work on,
this freedom has great value to me.

I like the bug voting system and help use it to decide the priority of
improvements I want to work on. If the Quality Managers are
interested in affecting my prioritization of wishes I'm interested in
working on then they can contact me for my commercial KDE development
rates.

> That, or just
> run a script to close all wishes with less than 20 votes - run it
> twice a day, if need be :)

I like the idea of automatically closing wishes with insufficient
votes. I think less than 20 votes checked everyday is much too harsh,
I think that rule would cause almost all new wishes to be closed. I'd
prefer a gentler pruning of unpopular wishes.

These are just my personal feelings, thanks for listening,
Don.