missing feedback (Re: [kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 00:27:45 GMT 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 19:12, Christian Loose wrote:

> I think that this doesn't give the provider of the patch the feeling
> that his contribution is welcome and I'm pretty sure that we don't
> want that. How do we want to gain new developers when we ignore their
> first contributions?

You might not like it and I don't either but upcoming contributors have
to pass the "you are completely wrong" hurdle. Contributing to KDE is
really easy, but you don't have to give up with the first negative or
non reaction.

> So my real question is, how should this be handled when one stumbles
> over one of those patches? Just test and commit it? What do the other
> app maintainers think?

Talk to us. The bug tracking system is great, because things posted to
it don't get lost, but sometimes a gentle reminder makes the difference
between an ordinary bug report and a valuable contribution.