future versions (Re: [kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2)

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Feb 5 14:01:13 GMT 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 08:23, Marc Mutz wrote:
> I think KDE should start faster release cycles for the application
> modules and back up a bit on framework releases. 1+ year cycles for
> kdelibs and ~6 months cycles for applications would create a climate
> where applications could progress faster and the framework be more
> polished. This is because on the app side, you get user feedback

  I tend to agree with this.  libs+base+arts could be on the slow track, and
the rest of the modules much faster.   We could certainly make use of faster
pim, games, artwork, addons, and network updates.  In the case of artwork
sometimes they are basically "old news" by the time we release them.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/