[CORE-DEVEL] Re: Roaming User Support - Questions...

Thomas Vollmer thomas-ml at vollmeronline.de
Wed Feb 4 08:56:06 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 19:38, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2004 19:04, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > If ~/.kde is on a central NFS mount
>
> Oh! About 95% of all network shares on this planet are smb (or
> novell) NFS is completely exotic because only very few computers have
> drivers for it (mostly UNIX or Linux but their market share is only
> <= 2%). So sorry - but NFS is meaningless and we should forget it!

Well, then You should forget Novell also. For me it is dead since the
Netware 4.x release. For me the 2.x and 3.x releases worked okay, but
the latee stuff was ugly. Like the SMB protocol.

For Windows 2K/XP get the Windows Services for UNIX from MS and You have
NFS also.

Next point, when You prefer SMB then point the automounter to a SMB
share.

Thomas
--
IRC:Tomse  Jabber:Tomse at jabber.org  ICQ:4843585