release scripts

Ante Wessels vitanova2 at softhome.net
Tue Feb 3 12:35:53 GMT 2004

On Domingo 01 Febrero 2004 18:28, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Sunday 01 February 2004 17:50, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> >
> > I have noticed me and many others (on and off the list) doing tasks that
> > could be done by scripts.

I know one script that would be very beneficial to the artists community.

The svgz sources of the crystal icons are all over cvs. Many are in
kdelibs/pics, others are with the apps. It is hard to download them all. I
never saw a full collection.

A simple script that would tar them up once a week would help. How can we
expect artists to work on files if they are unfindable to them? I asked a few
times on the artists list how to do it, never got an answer. It seems nobody
even knows...

In my opinion, the sources should have been at kde-look from the beginning.
KDE artists never tapped into the strength of that community. They ask for
the sources over there, and never got them...

Benjamin Meyer -ben * meyerhome.net- reported on the artists mailing list he
has a script to report missing icons. I guess it shouldn't take that much to
make it tar the un-missing. And why not tar up the rendered pngs too (&Hi and
Low color)?

Cordialemente,

Ante

--

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita