Moving kdcop

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Feb 2 23:15:31 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 00:04, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

> On Monday 02 February 2004 04:50 pm, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Is not kdesdk a better place for kdcop?
>
> i put my vote in for kdesdk.

Good luck.

> BTW i have started partifying it so we can
> use it with kdevelop better.  Lets plan on moving it to a RO part and put
> it in SDK... after all normal humans should never need it to run KDE.

Sounds interesting. I have a wonder regarding kdesdk - it is a KDE Software
Development Kit, but there is still apps which are useable for non kde
development.
I'm just pondering: Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a generic sdk(where
logically kdevelop could be part of) and a "kdesdk" where /only/ KDE specific
apps and scripts are part of(and not tagged for release)?

Cheers,

		Frans