Science category in the menu

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Feb 2 22:53:10 GMT 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 23:02, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Monday 02 February 2004 04:20, Frans Englich wrote:
> > AFAICT, the KDE menu does not have support for the Science category, if
> > it's not also an edu app. Gramps and kst(?) is two recent examples which
>
> The spec[1] strongly recommends to include Education too when you use
> Science. So we don't have to add it, did you say why should we?

Sorry, not following you. The problem the spec tries to correct in that
recommendation is solved in KDE by doing a more narrow and more detailed
categorization. For example, the edutainment menu does only contain Science
apps which also is education apps  - science apps which is not also an
Education app is left out(and that was what my patch tried to correct).
So, we add it to be able to have Science(while not being education) apps in
the menu. Or, we add it to pollute KDE with confused ideas.

> > Attached patches fix this, (kde-science.directory goes in
> > kdebase/applnk/)
>
> Patch is wrong, it doesn't exclude entries with "Education" from "Science".

True, correction(?) attached.

		Frans