KIO->GnomeVFS bridge started (looking for a Common-VFS)

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Dec 22 12:00:06 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 12:38, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2004 22:22 schrieb nf:
> > On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 21:53 +0100, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > > Heh. This reminds me of the discussion to make Qt being based on gtk2
> > > for drawing and event handling. First I thought the guy was making a
> > > joke, but in the course of the discussion I realised he was dead
> > > serious.
> > >
> > > Luckily, no coding was ever done on that attempt :-)
> >
> > If you like this kind of jokes i tell you another one:
> >
> > I have patched Qt to use glib-main-loop, which should help writing
> > X-desktop libraries. I was able to run the complete KDE desktop with
> > this patch.
> >
> > http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/common_main_loop/
>
> Oh, then just make Qt use gtk for all drawing operations, and you've
> effectively killed KDE.
>
> I didn't know it would come so fast.

(-1) Flamebait

You know, it's not strictly necessary to talk about "Gnomeification" or
"killing KDE" every time someone uses a word that contains a 'g'.

If you want to debate the technical advantages and disadvantages of such
things, by all means, use this forum, but "Eww, that's that GNOME way!" isn't
a self sustaining argument.

-Scott

--
Well this should cheer you up for sure.  You see I've got your old ID and
you're all dressed up like The Cure.