Openbsd Support

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 21 15:22:41 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 08:55 am, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21. December 2004 14:40, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > I have been trying to port KDE to openbsd so that openbsd users
> > can always run with the latest release, but KDE is a very large project
> > to attempt on my 800 Mhz computer. Is there any chance of getting
> >  kde.org to officially support an openbsd distribution of kde releases?
>
> There is a KDE port in openbsd ports, isn't there? Looking at CVS, it's at
> 3.3.2, too.

I have kde 3.2.3 software installed (from Openbsd 3.6 package collection)
on my 3.6 (CDrom release) system.

You may be looking at -current or -stable. I know that the -current versions
cannot be installed on  cdrom-released version of openbsd. I am not sure
whether -stable packages can be installed and run on cdrom-released
versions of openbsd.

Dave