Set shadowSortColumn false per default

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Tue Dec 21 08:07:04 GMT 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 21:44, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> I agree 100%, this thing looks *horrible* from an aesthetics standpoint.

I presume this is just one personal opinion, and you'll find equally lot of
people thinking this is an usability improvement.

(Not that I ever want to say what MS does is good, but in this case, it's also
the default there, and I never heard of complaints [in my company almost
everyone uses MS ... ;-( ])

> The folder tree in KMail looks like it is sinking into the screen.

What do you mean ? Can you show me a screenshot ?
The folder tree in kmail looks as before, because the shading is only done
when a KListView contains more than 1 column.

> > actually the proper fix is to see why it apparently looks bad in this
> > case and fix it.  Not to disable it.

Yes, exactly.

> It looks bad in all cases IMO - the list view is all discontinuous - it is
> very ugly.

Discontinuous from left to right, yes. That's the intention.
You should see the column which is sorted.

> > Otherwise someone will want a config option to set the default behaviour
>
> Well - it either needs a config option or to be removed entirely. The arrow
> on the sort column is more than enough for me.

This issue had a lot of votes on bko.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
registered as user #332716 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.