kate and kactioncollection

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Dec 20 20:57:28 GMT 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 20:16, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I don't know what KateExternalToolsMenuAction does, but
> > if m_actionCollection is just for bookkeeping, a QValueList<KAction *>
> > would be better - and then you have clear() again.
>
> Don't know enough of Kates internals, any Kate dev happen to know?

Well, we allready talked on irc, but for reference

KateExternalTool is a object that allows for userdefined actions for invoking
external applications with information from kate such as the current
filename, selection etc.

It uses an KActionCollection so that the actions can easily be added to the
shortcut and toolbar dialogs. It's cleared when the tool collection is
reloaded, as the code shown in this thread shows.

-anders
--
Homepage: http://www.alweb.dk
Jabber address: anderslund at jabber.dk