Set shadowSortColumn false per default

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Dec 20 19:51:06 GMT 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 19:48, Stephen Depooter wrote:
> Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > could we set the shadeSortColumn in KListView to false per default
> > please?
> >
> > It looks really strange (like the setAllColumnsShowFocus when it's
> > set false) and totally demolishes the whole user experience.
> >
> > Please, don't make every new feature you add to kdelibs a default!
>
> actually the proper fix is to see why it apparently looks bad in this
> case and fix it.  Not to disable it.  Otherwise someone will want a
> config option to set the default behaviour and...

It looks wrong in a list with only one column (the deafault background appears
wrong), and it is meaningless if the headers are hidden.

If it is on pr default, KListView is not usable as a dropin replacement for
QListView. Just like the case is for other KListView specific features. The
altering colors aren't default, for example.

-anders

--
Homepage: http://www.alweb.dk
Jabber address: anderslund at jabber.dk