System color support for svg icon engine

Fred Schaettgen kde-bluetooth at schaettgen.de
Sat Dec 18 18:07:18 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've read the article about svg backgrounds on the dot today
(http://dot.kde.org/1103326589/) and asked if it's not possible to use system
colors inside an SVG image.
This would help to create wallpapers which match the current color scheme,
which is something that is completely impossible so far.

As someone pointed out in a comment on that article, CSS2 already defines
symbolic names for system colors. As khtml suports these names already I
would like to add suport for these symbolic color names to ksvgiconpainter in
kdecore.
It looks quite easy on first sight, so I'd like to implement it for KDE 3.4.
Is this still possible? I've only worked in kdeextragear so far, so I never
had to deal with the release schedule ;) Do I have to put it on the feature
list somehow, so that I can implement it in the next days or is it too late
already?
Oh, and who do I need to ask for permission to make a change like that in
kdecore anyway?

regards
Fred

P.S. Please CC, because I'm not subscribed to kde-core-devel.

--
Fred Schaettgen
kde.sch at ttgen.net