aKregator in CVS

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Fri Dec 17 18:25:23 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 18:48, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> Yes, this is a worthwhile goal IMHO. I've been brainstorming about merging
> the backend facilities (read: fetching stuff using librss, maintaining
> a list of newsfeeds) into a 'libakregator' library, and then merging
> knewsticker into aKregator, so that it still seems to be an independant
> application, but really only is an aKregator in applet mode. The
> ticker-specific settings could be added as an additional page to
> akregator's configuration dialog.

I was thinking about multiple parsing backends (between file loaded by
RSS::Loader and returned as RSS::Document; namely RSS, Atom and YAML parsers
plus feed discovery parsers - for HTML and FOAF content)...

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.