Code and icon move to kdelibs and kdebase

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Wed Dec 15 19:59:18 GMT 2004

* Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org> [Dec 15. 2004 19:45]:

> The Flat icon theme from kdelook.org
> ( from http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=18317 )
> -> kdelibs/pics/monochrome/
>
> Note that these icons are 12MB uncompressed and 2MB compressed, so I would
> strongly prefer to have feedback at least on this one. They could also go
> to kdeaccessibility, but since all other settings related to high
> contrast settings for partially sighted people are currently in kdelibs,
> it might make more sense to move the icons there, too.
>
> There are still some things in the Flat icon theme that need to be
> changed, and the author is very open to feedback. He is currently working
> on the suggested improvements according to feedback on kde-accessibility.
> There was very few feedback on kde-artists on this. I hope some more
> artists will comment on this, offering suggestions how to improve it
> after the move.

I think that they should be inlcuded in kdelibs, just like every other
icon theme. I see no point to distunguish these icons by adding another
path to the already long enough list of dirs.

Actually, there was interest in the flat icon theme, but until now the
author has been taking care of business and there is no reason to fix
something that is not broken.

Bye,
Kenneth

> If there are again no objections, then I will ask the authors to do the
> move on Friday.
>
> Olaf
> --
> KDE Accessibility Project